Taking Care Of Everything During Hartford Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage leaves a mess behind. Smoke and soot damaged are no easy task. SERVPRO has the equipment for any size disaster.
SERVPRO coordinates the moving parts of Hartford house fire clean up
One of the most daunting things about fire damage is realizing how many different things you need to worry about. Your walls and floors might have soot damage. There could be clothes, textiles, or electronics that are warped by the fire. Fire-fighting water and chemicals can soak into all kinds of materials, including wooden floors and furniture.
When it comes to fire damage restoration in your Hartford home, you need a smoke damage crew who can coordinate every part of the restoration effort. SERVPRO takes care of:
- Prioritizing cleaning and restoration tasks, so things get fixed in the fastest and most helpful way.
- Helping you sort out what is salvageable and what is not.
- Testing fibers on sooty carpets, drapes, and upholstery, to determine the best and safest cleaning method.
- Taking pictures for insurance agents and talking with them on your behalf.
- Working with other professionals such as electricians, plumbers, or decorators, to leave your home “Like it never even happened.”
Let SERVPRO take care of every aspect of your house fire clean-up. Do not wait – it is better to get in touch as soon as you can. Call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
When Should Newington Salon Owners Call For Professional Mold Removal?
Mold will spread like wildfire within 24 to 48 hours. SERVPRO has trained technicians and experience for any mold remediation service needed.
SERVPRO takes care of mold Remediation in Newington
Salons are places that people come to feel good about themselves and to be pampered. Customers expect to have a lovely experience in a welcoming environment and leave feeling on top of the world. That means mold is a huge no-no. The fungus will make your salon smell musty and look unprofessional.
But when should you call for professional mold removal in your Newington salon? Should you deal with small amounts of mold yourself but call an expert for a large outbreak?
The answer is simple – call for professional help as soon as you notice signs of fungus. It is always better to call the professionals because:
- Using bleach or any everyday cleaning products can make mold damage worse.
- Black mold damage repairs may cause health effects, and it is much better to call in a company that comes with protective equipment.
- We have thermal cameras and hygrometers to assess your salon and seek out hidden mold sources.
Calling SERVPRO means getting a fast, reliable mold removal service you can trust. So do not delay. Call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
Need Help With Sewage Water Damage Repair In Hartford?
Sewage smells are horrible! Call SERVPRO for the sewage cleanup service needed for your home now!
We help with all kinds of Hartford water damage repair.
Hartford is one of the oldest cities in the United States – it was founded in 1635. The Dutch first explored the area in 1614 and then returned, intending to set up a colony. The founders of Hartford came from New Amsterdam, at the tip of Manhattan Island. The founders hoped to set up a trading post at Hartford, which they could use for the Dutch Indian Trading Company. This history can be seen in the area around Fort Hoop, which is known as Dutch Point.
From the 1850s onwards, Hartford became known as a major center for manufacturing. This was partly due to Hartford Native Samuel Colt's inventiveness, whose industriousness had a significant effect on the area. Colt perfected manufacturing processes that let companies create many products in a much-reduced amount of time. Some of the companies manufacturing in Hartford included:
- Colt's Manufacturing Company, which of course, produced the well-known Colt firearms.
- Pratt & Whitney Company, which produces high-specification and very accurate measuring instruments.
- The Pope Manufacturing Company, which produced many bicycles during the bicycle manufacturing boom.
- Hartford Machine Screw, which produced thousands of screws every single day.
Some of these companies are still in operation today.
Hartford is full of historical sites.
It is hardly surprising that Hartford has so many historical sites to explore. Some of the most popular include:
- Wadsworth Atheneum is the oldest operating public art museum in the country. Alexander Jackson Davis and Ithiel Town designed the museum, which opened in 1844. The building resembles a European castle, and it is worth visiting just to admire that!
- Bushnell Park is the oldest publicly funded park in the United States. Hartford's population doubled between 1850 and 1860, which led to recognizing the need for outdoor green spaces. The park features beautiful green paths for walking or cycling and even has a tree that is a descendant of the famous Charter Oak.
- The Mark Twain House, where the author lived from 1874 to 1891, is one of Hartford's most famous sites. The house has been restored to reflect what it was like when Twain's family lived there, including careful restoration of the marble floors.
Hartford is also a hotbed of modern culture.
Do not think Hartford is only about the past! The city today is home to multiple modern arts and culture companies and events. The Trinity College Hip Hop Festival draws a large crowd every year to enjoy hip hop performances. The Mortensen Plaza is a popular spot for concerts, outdoor theater, craft markets, and much more. Hartford also has a vibrant theater scene, where you can regularly catch Broadway shows.
Why choose SERVPRO for sewage cleanup in Hartford?
Of all the water damage repair situations you might face, a sewage-related repair is often the most distressing. Sewage smells terrible and can contain all kinds of dangerous contaminants. That is why it is best to call in help for cleaning up after a sewer backup.
SERVPRO is an excellent choice for sewage water damage cleanup because:
- We train all our technicians to assess the level of damage, the type of water, and potential safety hazards.
- We equip our teams with plenty of protective equipment.
- We will deodorize your home thoroughly to get rid of that awful sewage smell.
- We can apply microbial treatments as needed.
For help with any kind of water damage repairs, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
How Long Does it Take to Dry a Wet Basement?
Storm damage is no DIY project. Call the pros at SERVPRO for the storm restoration service you need for your home.
SERVPRO Uses Psychrometric Science to Speed Up the Drying Process in your Hartford Home
A flooded basement can be tough to dry because it is an enclosed space with limited ventilation. There may also be restrictive access points making it challenging to bring in regular extraction and pumping equipment.
A flooding basement in your Hartford home often requires pragmatism to ensure a clean solution. SERVPRO technicians can mobilize high-pressure submersible pumps which have sufficient lift capacity to transport water uphill and out of the property. Our technicians can use dehumidifiers, heaters, and air-moving equipment to control the indoor atmosphere of your basement. Using psychrometric controls, we can increase the evaporation rate and speed up the removal of residual moisture.
- Water in enclosed spaces can cause liquid damage and vapor damage.
- Using equipment to manage humidity, airflow and temperature is essential to quick drying times.
- We monitor drying progress at regular intervals to ensure optimal drying conditions in your home.
Get a quick resolution to a flood situation. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford for help with a flooding basement at (860) 667-9191.
Are Kitchen Appliances Saveable after a Fire?
When a fire strikes in your kitchen, do you have the knowledge to fix it? SERVPRO techs are IICRC certified for the job.
SERVPRO Provides Dedicated Fire Damage Restoration Services to Newington Residents
Kitchen fires are among the most common to affect homeowners in the US. Your kitchen is likely full of appliances that may be expensive to replace. A kitchen fire could cause cosmetic or physical damage to your refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, compactor, and freezer. SERVPRO can often restore these items to reduce your claim expense.
Conducting fire damage restoration of appliances in your Newington home relies on understanding the composite materials. Cleaning glass, metal, Formica, or plastics can often be achieved with a detergent as these materials are non-absorbent. However, some smoke residues may require high alkaline cleaning solutions, which require expertise to avoid causing inadvertent damages to the surface material.
- Using high alkaline products requires the correct personal protective equipment (PPE), including eye goggles and chemical resistant gloves.
- Some high alkaline cleaners can cause damage if left on the appliance. Ensure alkalines are rinsed thoroughly.
- If the heat has caused a yellow finish, applying wood creme paste can be an effective restoration method.
Protect your appliances and your claim's expenses after a fire. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford for fire damage restoration at (860) 667-9191.
Is Restoring a Wet Property an Expert Job?
Water restoration is no easy task. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified and trained in water restoration services of any size.
SERVPRO Provides Water Damage Restoration and Mitigation for Newington Residents
The town of Newington is among the oldest in the United States. Situated in Connecticut state's Hartford County, the small township is home to 30,562 residents. Early settlements in the region date back to 1636 when British colonialists found the abundant supplies of timber and agricultural farming land ideal for setting up an outpost that was informally named the West Society. Eighty-five years later, the West Society settlement was renamed Newington, which references the nearby meadow and the new town. By the nineteenth century, a railways network allowed Newington businesses to ship agricultural products and raw materials across the United States.
The essential factor in establishing Newington as a township was the purchase of land at Mill Pond Park. The purchasers built a sawmill in the area, using the natural waterfall to power its engines. The first economy of the Newington region was the production of pipe staves. Today, Newington is primarily a residential community. However, redevelopments at the Berlin Turnpike have seen larger businesses transform areas into commercial centers. One of the main attractions of Newington is the headquarters of the American Radio Relay League. The ARRL is an amateur radio platform with nearly 165,000 operators across the world. The center covers both the history of amateur radio and its role in modern society.
- The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is located on Main Street in Newington. The museum includes fully-functioning radio transmitters that date back to the early nineteen-sixties with information on HAM operators' role in national security, natural disaster warning, and entertainment.
- The Mill Pond Park on Garfield Road is the historic center of Newington. The natural waterfall and its ability to power sawmills in the early seventeenth century were essential to the township's development. Lantern festivals are held at the Mill Pond Park each year, while basketball courts and other sports entertainment are on site.
- Callahan's Bowl a Rama is an entertainment center featuring several lanes, a bar, arcade entertainment, and a movie house. As part of the Berlin Turnpike, Callahan's is ideally situated alongside the shopping centers and commercial district, offering fun for the whole family.
SERVPRO Helps Newington Residents Restore their Homes from Water Damage
Water intrusion can steadily degrade your home and belongings. Often, long-term secondary damages to the property resulting from a previous water intrusion event are followed by a failure to dry the house thoroughly. SERVPRO technicians hold nationally recognized IICRC certifications which allow us to perform expert drying, mitigation, and restoration services to Newington residents throughout the year.
- Materials in the building assembly can disintegrate under consistent exposure to moisture. We can restore or replace wet drywall, insulation, and flooring.
- Our textile cleaning services are multi-tiered and can help with minor, moderate, or severe water exposure.
- Off-site storage facilities are available for storing belongings during a long restoration process. Warehouses are climate-controlled and fully-insured.
A water intrusion event could cause lasting harm to your home. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford for water damage restoration at (860) 667-9191.
Will Your Floorboards Survive Water Damage Restoration?
SERVPRO knows how damaging water can be to your Newington hardwood floors. Call us at the first sign of water damage.
SERVPRO Understands the Stress of Water Damaged Flooring
Real wooden floors add ambiance to any home and are a beloved staple of many houses. The only downside with authentic wooden flooring is that it can be costly to replace if damaged.
If you need water damage restoration in your Newington home, your wooden floorboards are among the most critical areas to tackle. Water can cause several different types of damage to wood flooring:
- Cupping, when the floorboards pull down and become concave, just like the inside of a cup.
- Crowning, when the floorboards curve upwards to form curved peaks.
- Buckling, when the boards pull up from the subfloor – this is the most severe type of damage and is the hardest to repair.
The faster you act, the better the chance of saving your floors. It is essential to dry wet floors at the correct speed, to prevent further warping or cracking during the drying process. SERVPRO trains our technicians to accurately calculate and execute drying for the best results with minimal damage.
If your wood floor needs help after water damage, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
What Are the Leading Causes of Restaurant Fire Damage?
We understand the dangers of fire damages and the need for rapid response to your business property. We will have you back to business in no time.
SERVPRO Helps Hartford Eateries Deal With Fire Damage
A fire is a nightmare for any restaurant owner, frequently causing large amounts of damage and causing restaurants to close down.
When it comes to fire damage in your Hartford eatery, prevention is better than cure. If you can take steps to prevent fire, that is better for everyone. The three most significant risks to be aware of are:
- Gas leaks and the resulting explosions.
- Faulty wiring or incorrectly wired appliances.
- Grease traps and grease fires.
These issues are often preventable. Ensure your staff is trained to keep the kitchen spotlessly clean, and ensure all gas lines and wiring are properly maintained.
If a fire occurs, call SERVPRO. We arrive quickly to secure your building and mitigate any risks. Then we deal with soot damage, odors, and leftover water from fire-hoses. We have specialist cleaning units and preparations suitable for wood, metal, and upholstery. We can even liaise with your insurers and provide photographic evidence of damages.
If fire damage strikes your restaurant, do not despair. Call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
Are You Concerned about Flood Damage in Newington?
Storms can bring floodwater and storm damage. The professionals at SERVPRO are always on call to handle your water damage restoration needs.
Even a Small Amount of Water can Cause Flood Damage
Newington is a small, charming town in Connecticut with just 30,562 people. Newington is best known as a handy residential suburb for nearby Hartford, but it has an appeal all its own. The town offers a relaxed pace of life and a picturesque place for visitors with its quaint tree-lined main street and pretty historical buildings.
Newington’s history stretches back to 1636 when settlers set up homes in “West Society,” an area known for being rich in timber. In the early nineteenth century, Levi Lusk established a tavern, which was the first of several taverns and hotels in the area, which encouraged more people to visit.
Come and Visit the Smallest Natural Waterfall in America
The people of Newington are incredibly proud of Mill Pond Falls. The falls are the smallest natural falls in America, with a drop of just 5 meters. Mill Pond Falls was named for a sawmill built nearby in 1860, and they appear on the town’s official seal today.
Mill Pond Park, where the falls are located, offers plenty for visitors throughout the year:
- Relaxing walks through the woods and down to the falls, with a footpath and viewing area above the water.
- Enjoy fishing or biking, or swim in the public pool.
- Join in the Newington Extravaganza in summer, when visitors can ride boats past the falls.
- Visit at Christmas to see the area around the falls adorned with lights.
- Stop by the crimson maple Thankful Tree and take a moment to find gratitude for the good in your life.
Newington is so proud of Mill Pond Falls that it even hosts a celebration in their honor every year. The Waterfall Festival has taken place every year since 2000 and features over 70 local vendors of crafts, arts, food, and beverages. The festival also includes a “chalk walk” where budding artists of all ages are encouraged to create chalk masterpieces on the sidewalk, and the winners get a prize.
However, Newington is not just about the waterfall! While you are here, do not miss the opportunity to take in some other historic sites:
- The Kellog-Eddy Historic House Museum is an excellent example of authentic Federal architecture. The two-story wooden house is five bays wide and features an original portico.
- Newington Junction features a range of striking homes from the late eighteenth to the early twentieth century and is the most historically significant part of town.
- W1AW, also known as the Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Station, is the flagship location for amateur radio in the united states.
Help for Flood Damage of all Sizes
Mill Pond Falls provided power for an entire sawmill despite its size – a little water can go a long way. This is true of flooding, too. A small amount of water can:
- Soak into carpets or floorboards.
- Damage plaster or wallpaper.
- Leave watermarks on upholstery.
It is tempting to try and clean up small amounts of flood damage yourself. However, floodwater can contain health hazards, and a small amount can damage your home. SERVPRO technicians have the tools and knowledge to quickly assess the situation, mitigate any dangers, and draw up a drying plan.
If you need help with flood damage, big or small, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
Newington Residents Try their Hand at Cocktail Making this January
Water damage is an issue for the professionals. SERVPRO has experience, knowledge, and an IICRC certified team for your flood damaged home.
Bartending Classes for Home Entertaining are Running this January in Newington
Intermediate bartending lessons are perfect for entertaining guests at your Newington home. Professional bartenders teach the single night course at the boutique cocktail bar, 158 on Main. The Main Street venue focuses on an understanding of flavor combinations, classic cocktail principles, as well as syrups and shrub making. Learn the intricacies of professional cocktail techniques and the ratios required to make venue-standard drinks in the comfort of your own home. Classes run from 6 pm until 8 pm with complimentary food, snacks, and beverages. House favorites from the food menu can be purchased during the lessons. Guests are invited to remain afterward to mingle with other guests and sample the extensive drinks menu.
- Grow your knowledge of classic cocktails and techniques with an expert tutor
- Enjoy off-menu, specialty cocktails requested directly from bartenders
- Classes begin on the 26th of January with tickets available for advanced booking and prices starting at $60
Burst pipes can result in excessive quantities of water entering the home. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.