How Seriously Should I Take Water Damage?
Inspect your crawl space often for signs of water damage.
Water Damage to Your Newington Home Can Pose a Serious Threat to Your Health
Residents of Newington often risk their health and the safety of their homes by failing to address water damage and leaks promptly. Whenever there is standing water in your home, you risk creating a suitable environment for bacteria to multiply, including mold. Calling a professional water restoration team can help you resolve the situation and set the stage for a healthy home.
In Newington, water restoration services are our specialty at SERVPRO. Our team arrives at your home once you call our 24/7 hotline and share your situation. Regardless of appearances, all households benefit from a thorough evaluation following a water event. Sometimes the damage is not apparent, such as when drywall soaks up water and becomes weaker. Still, our water restoration equipment and technicians can help decide regarding the scope of the damage.
Where does water damage hide?
Depending on your specific circumstances, water might collect in your basement or even your crawl space. Using advanced imaging, such as infrared technology, our SERVPRO technicians can help determine where the problem areas are in your home. As necessary, we tap into our expertise and industry best practices to pump water from under your home and restore normal humidity levels. Among the equipment we use to achieve this goal, you can find:
- Submersible pumps
- Air movers and circulators
When space is an issue and equipment does not fit, our crew may explore creating a point of entry above the crawl space or utilizing a flex house to aid the extraction process. Throughout this process, we typically wear personal protective equipment to protect us from bacteria and debris living under your home.
Relying on our SERVPRO of Newington/ Central Hartford for help is a sound decision. Our team's experience and knowledge help mitigate your loss in terms of time and money. Call us at (860) 667-9191 and let our team leave your home "Like it never even happened."
More about Newington.
Does Minor Fire Damage in Newington Require Professional Cleanup?
Kitchen and stove fire damage needs to be handled right away. Contact our experienced SERVPRO team for effective remediation services.
Professional SERVPRO Cleanup Can Clear Up Hidden Problems in Your Newington Home
Not all fires destroy a home. Kitchen fires in Newington are a common source of minor fires. These are fires that are contained and swiftly brought under control. Once everyone is safe, and the blaze is out, your best option is our emergency mitigation team.
Why not tackle the job myself?
With the fire damage in your Newington residence contained, it may seem cost-effective to either clean up yourself or have a general cleaning service take care of it. But there are problems which may have occurred that you wouldn’t think of or can’t see. Our experienced fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) look for issues such as:
- Apparent damage – this is easily detectable and assessed
- Secondary problems – not as detectable – this can include the spread of smoke or soot
- Fire residue – can spread to other areas of the home
- Water damage – a result of suppressing the fire.
A Fire Restoration Plan that Brings Peace of Mind
Restoring your home after a fire requires immediate mitigation. Our SERVPRO teams are Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) trained. With this training, you can have peace of mind knowing your home is in the hands of technicians who are experts. Here is a sampling of how they will take care of your fire damage restoration.
- Water removal and drying if water is present.
- Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Check the HVAC systems to determine if soot or smoke has circulated to other rooms.
- Check for fire residue and take steps to remove the residue.
- Deodorizing where needed using industrial air scrubbers and foggers
- All restorable items and structures are cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- Restoration – doing the final steps such as replacing carpets or repairing drywall to leave you home “Like it never even happened.”
Minor fires require major help. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667 – 9191 and let us take care of your restoration problems. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Newington.
Commercial Water Damage Newington
Don't let your business in Newington take a hit from a storm. Call the professionals in SERVPRO to mitigate all of your storm needs.
How Much Does Commercial Restoration Cost to Businesses?
Costings Can Vary Dramatically for Water Damage Depending on How Quickly Mitigative Procedure Begins.
Use a Newington Restorer to Ensure your Business Makes a Full Recovery.
Who is liable for commercial property damage?
There is a wide range of policies available for commercial premises, but coverage can differ significantly between properties. Your insurance may cover plumbing issues, for example, but not flood incidents or heavy rainfall. Checking your coverage for accidental damages is a prudent move, and you should arrange a policy to cover drainage issues, sprinkler malfunctions, or heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, which are all familiar sources of water emergency for Newington businesses. Equally important is to ensure you engage with professional restorers as early as possible to limit potential losses. Sometimes, water issues can force a temporary closure with lost revenue coverage available from business interruption insurance. SERVPRO endeavors to complete restoration at your commercial property on time and budget.
What categories of water damage are there for business premises?
- Category one water emergencies represent the least amount of water intrusion, with less than five percent of building materials absorbing moisture. These may be the result of a slow leak, sewer backup or other confined plumbing issue
- Category two is for water intrusion that affects between five and forty percent of the building. These may include ceilings, floors, drywall, and baseboard. Category two covers water migration throughout a building rather than in one contained area
- Class three represents the most considerable amount of water absorption into materials. It usually covers long-term water damage that may have lasted several hours or days, for example, a burst pipe that is not noticed over the weekend.
- Class four water impact is when water intrusion penetrates all levels of building construction, for example, in a flood situation where there are significant amounts of standing water and migration.
How do you know how much equipment to use for water restoration?
Equipment calculations are a precise science with each piece of equipment used concerning the levels of water saturation in materials and the amount of air per cubic feet in the building. Most restoration involves using a combination of air-moving equipment and dehumidifiers in a closed environment. Closed environments allow technicians to have more robust control of indoor conditions, which can aid in setting up a drying zone. When calculating equipment, technicians need to balance the number of air-movers with the number of dehumidifiers to ensure drying is as efficient as possible.
Do restoration services need to use mains electricity?
Powering equipment is usually sourced from the premises mains to ensure that devices can run overnight and reduce the overall time of restoration. However, in some cases with water intrusion, it can be unsafe to rely entirely on infrastructure electricity. SERVPRO can bring industrial generators to a commercial site as an alternative power source. Temperature is an essential component of the drying procedure. Our technicians can use portable heaters to raise the temperature of larger spaces or create smaller drying zones by using plastic sheeting held with sandbags and inflated using an air mover.
What methods are there to control odor in wet premises?
- Direct deodorization could include fogging equipment, misters as well as pressure sprays and odor neutralizing pellets
- Air scrubbing equipment can be an effective way of removing unpleasant odors while restoring indoor air quality. Air-scrubbers use high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters to remove odor and contamination from an indoor environment
- If the building is evacuated, we may use an ozone generator. Ozone generators use unstable o3 gases which permanently alter an indoor atmosphere and eliminate odors
When do I receive an estimate for insurers?
It is not uncommon for restoration to begin before the property manager receives an estimate. However, a written authorization to begin the service must be signed off. Usually, the drying process is well underway by the time an estimate is produced. The reason why estimates are given after work begins is that certain mitigation procedures need to be undertaken straight away to reduce harm. The other reason is that it can be challenging to assess the true damages that water causes to a building using visual inspection. Often there is a thorough measuring process to understand how far the water has migrated into surfaces. SERVPRO record outcomes in a digital dry book. The Dry Book provides a precise record of the work and extent of damage that can be accessed by both the policyholder as well as an adjuster. At the end of service, our crew chiefs or project manager can conduct a walkthrough with you referencing the dry book to explain work completed.
When your business suffers water intrusion uses an experienced commercial provider to restore the damages. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 337-2043.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Newington, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford today at (860) 667-9191 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Happens to my Newington Possessions During Flood Restoration?
Flooding damages your personal possessions. SERVPRO knows how to restore your flood damaged property.
Floodwaters are Frequently Categorized as Blackwater Emergencies and Pose a High Threat to your Possessions; SERVPRO has Storage Protocols to Protect your Contents During Flood Restoration
What types of storage are available for my contents in a flood situation?
There are two protocols for contents when restoring flood damage in your Newington home. The first covers on-site cleaning for minor to moderate floods. SERVPRO technicians can designate a clean room in your property and set up safe storage conditions. These conditions involve controlling humidity using dehumidifiers, placing polyethylene sheeting on the ground, and placing items separately on top of sheets. The second storage protocol is to remove contents from home altogether and store them at an external facility.
Are my possessions safe off-site during flood restoration?
When it is necessary to remove contents from a flooded property altogether, our technicians begin by recording an inventory of items and conditions. We then enlist professional removers to transport them from the site to our climate-controlled warehouse. Before storing any contents, we perform a thorough inspection of microbial infestation, vermin, and pests. Your possessions are at no risk of cross-contamination from other items during storage.
What are the advantages of removing contents from a flooded property?
- By removing items from the affected area, we can mitigate many loss-causing events
- A clear property can make access for restoring, equipment or remodeling less restrictive
- The conditions for efficient drying are less challenging to implement in a property without items
How do I get my property back from off-site storage after flood restoration is complete?
Move out services include transporting away from, and returning to, your home. Using our digital inventory recorded during the move-out, technicians can replace items in the correct rooms to limit any inconvenience. Contents can be returned to the property as soon as the required restoration and remodeling are complete. Pass the paperwork detailing the costs of removal onto your insurer for a stress-free claim.
For help managing your contents during flood restoration, contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191.
More about Newington.
My Newington Home Has Fire Damage, What Do I Do?
Let SERVPRO take on your Newington fire damage.
Call SERVPRO to Handle the Fire Damage in Your Newington Home
Handling fire damage is a burdensome task and can overwhelm property owners. However, no matter how severe the damage is, it is essential to act fast to begin the restoration process. Engage with restoration experts like SERVPRO to minimize costs and downtime.
What should I do first?
After a fire, you ensure everyone is safe, and then contact our restoration team. We have decades of experience and we can handle fire damage in your Newington residence competently. We respond to the damaging effects of smoke and soot using state-of-the-art equipment and tools as well as edge cutting techniques.
How can I be of help during the mitigation procedure?
Our team can use advanced equipment and products that help us restore building materials and valuable items safely. You can help in the restoration process by setting aside valuable items such as electronics to prevent further damage. That allows our technicians to be more efficient during recovery.
Should I move out during restoration?
That depends on the extent of the damage. Once we inspect the property and find that the structure is unstable or the supply of either electricity or water is affected, you have no choice but to move temporarily. When your house has fire damage, expect noise disruption, and smoke odor. It is entirely your decision to either move or stay.
Should I take anything with me?
When moving out, it is essential to carry personal items with a high monetary value such as:
- Personal documents
- Personal documents
How do you combat the persisting smoke odors?
Even after a thorough cleaning, smoke odor can persist in your property. Our team of technicians can use thermal foggers to deodorize your property. The fog goes where smoke went and eliminates the odor.
When a fire happens in your property, do not stress over the situation. Call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191 for efficient restoration. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here to find more out about Newington.
What Do Professionals Do to Clean Up Water in My Newington Home?
Water damage in homes can put a burden on your family. Contact SERVPRO to mitigate water damage.
When You Call SERVPRO to Address Water Damage Found in Your Newington Home, You Get Prompt, Reliable Service
Water loss events leave Newington homeowners wondering what steps to take next. You may have slight damage that presents with staining on your ceilings or walls. There are some incidents like a burst pipe that sends vast amounts of water into your home and through a variety of hidden spaces. Calling in the professionals to handle the restoration helps give you peace of mind that no moisture lingers and causes mold or mildew to develop. This is where our skilled technicians at SERVPRO are trained and ready to help!
Why Do I Have to Worry About Hidden Moisture?
To efficiently address water damage in Newington, our team works fast to inspect and remove any materials that have absorbed a great deal of moisture. Failure to do so causes secondary damage and the potential for harmful microbial growth. Once we arrive at your property, we:
- Perform a detailed inspection
- Formulate a plan for restoration
- Remove any standing water
- Extract moisture from carpeting, flooring and behind walls
- Implement drying and dehumidification practices
- Perform controlled demolition, if necessary
- Use moisture detection devices to find hidden pockets of moisture
- Thoroughly clean, sanitize, and disinfect your interior
Our team must work fast because your belongings and porous materials take on water and rapidly:
- Become contaminated with pathogens and microbes
- Begin staining from the colors transferring from bleeding
- Start to distort, warp, and swell
- Produce foul odors
Why Can’t I Use a Wet/Dry Vacuum?
In slight water loss situations in Newington, a wet/dry vacuum may be able to pull up visible water. However, it is the hidden moisture that is concerning. Our team leaves no stone unturned, and we ensure all water is removed from your interior to move forward with the drying process. Just a sampling of the tools that we bring with us for our water restoration technicians (WRT) to use include:
- Truck-mount extraction equipment for removing hundreds to thousands of gallons of water
- Submersible pumps for standing water over two-inches deep
- Portable pumps
- Light-wand extractors
- Movers, or ride-on units, which use the weight of our technicians to push the carpet down to pull water out
What Does Water Migration Mean?
Water dispersed into your home migrates to drier spaces. Our skilled technicians follow the path of migration to ensure all areas get addressed adequately. We have a range of moisture detection tools that help to measure both humidity levels and moisture under floors and behind walls. What this does is help us to ensure that no water is left behind so that additional damage festers.
What is a Controlled Demolition?
Various materials throughout your home have the potential of recovery with proper drying methods. If mitigation starts fast enough, hardwood flooring has the potential for full restoration. If you have a composite wood floor or subfloor, it deteriorates quickly after being exposed to water for an extended time. Our technicians remove the damaged flooring so that it can be replaced. Drywall tends to wick significant moisture as well, so flood cuts are made to remove unsalvageable portions. This also helps to expose the wall cavity to enhance dry times.
In situations where the wood flooring seems salvageable, our team may put down dehumidification mats hooked up to a system of air hoses. This complex system enhances drying times to restore the flooring and speeds up the overall drying process.
Smart, Complete Drying is Essential
Our skilled technicians monitor drying in your Newington home to make sure that the levels of indoor humidity fall under the range for germination of mold spores. This also helps us to avoid musty odors from developing. After your structure is deemed dry, we then work to meticulously clean and sanitize all surfaces with our EPA-registered, proprietary disinfectants. All of this is done to ensure that you have a clean slate so that the reconstruction can begin.
Reconstruction and Restoration
In any instance where the flooring gets removed, flood cuts were performed, or there were holes drilled in your walls to facilitate drying, reconstruction must begin. SERVPRO offers everything that you need for recovery and rebuilding to ensure your home looks as good as new. To restore your home to preloss conditions, all damaged materials that were removed get replaced, and it ends up looking, “Like it never even happened.” This will include new flooring, new drywall, new baseboards, new paint, and whatever else is necessary to bring your interior back to normal.
Whether you have hidden water damage behind walls or your flooring needs particular attention, you can trust that our technicians at SERVPRO of Newington/Central Hartford take care of it for you. Call us at (860) 667-9191, and we will send out a team as quickly as possible to begin the assessment and restoration.
Why Should I Call for Restoration Services After a Flood?
We can get your property back to the state it was in before the unfortunate incident.
SERVPRO Gets Your Prompt Flood Damage Mitigation to Bring Your Newington Property Back to Pre-Loss Condition
Floodwater infiltrating your home is an emergency that you never want to hold off on before mitigating the loss. Whether you have a crawlspace or a basement , water coming in during a flood can cause a significant amount of damage. Not only that, but this water can contain a variety of contaminants that make it best to call in the help of trained professionals to have all of the moisture safely removed.
What Type of Damage Can Flood Water Cause?
For flood damage in Newington, the level of destruction depends on the amount of water, as well as your contents and materials inside the home.
- If you have resilient tile flooring like vinyl, water loss can cause the tiling to delaminate and lift
- Water can wick up the sheetrock throughout your home, which calls for strategic flood cuts to remove the damage and open up the cavities for drying
- Partial or total loss of carpets, padding, or hardwood flooring depending on the success of restoration efforts; typically black water contamination requires discarding of porous flooring
Why Should I Call SERVPRO for Help?
Our IICRC-Certified team of water restoration technicians (WRT) arrives at your property promptly so that we can get started on mitigation and planning.
- Upon arrival, we assess the water loss. This not only gives us a plan to start but also tells us what equipment is needed for the job.
- Water testing might be required to determine what chemicals, bacteria, and other contaminants might be an issue.
- Containment is necessary to help us ensure no cross-contamination takes place throughout your home.
- We bring along powerful truck-mount and submersible pumps along with wet/dry vacuums, air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers so that we can execute drying promptly.
SERVPRO of Newington/Central Hartford is the team to call when you need help with flood damage. Water can cause significant damage the longer that it sits, so call us at (860) 667-9191, and we can get started on restoration right away!
Find more about Newington.
How Can I Sanitize My Newington Restaurant After It Suffers From Flood Damage?
After experiencing flood damage in your Newington eatery, our SERVPRO technicians can contain the affected areas.
Our SERVPRO Technicians Can Clean And Apply Disinfectant Anything That Got Wet Inside Your Newington Restaurant
Restaurants are one type of business where you must maintain a clean building as a part of health code standards. If muddy waters enter your dining room due to flooding, then there is a chance that harmful contaminants could have got into your place of business.
What Special Precautions Get Taken To Help Reduce Contamination?
• Containment: After experiencing flood damage in your Newington eatery, our SERVPRO technicians can contain the affected areas so that contaminants cannot spread throughout your structure.
• Cleaning the air: Once a containment chamber is set up in the affected regions of your building, we can then attach an air scrubber to it that creates negative air pressure and will capture any airborne microorganisms.
• Removal Of Contaminated Items: Since the water entering your dining room from the outside could be contaminated, we must remove any porous items that got wet such as your carpets or chairs.
What Other Steps Can Be Taken To Remove The Contaminated Water?
Once all porous items have been discarded and containment has been established, we can then extract any remaining standing water using submersible pumps or heavy-duty extractors. Once all of the liquids have been removed, we can then start the applied structural drying or ASD step. During the ASD process, we can set up air movers and dehumidifiers that help speed up the natural evaporation and drying process.
Is There Anything Else That Can Be Done To Ensure My Building Is Disinfected?
• Final Clean: Once everything is dried out, we then conduct a final cleaning that consists of vacuuming up loose debris and scrubbing surfaces with water-based detergents.
• Sealing: If your subfloors, wooden studs, or other items got wet, we could spray them with specialized sealant paint.
• Applying Disinfectant: Before and after the cleaning process, we can apply antimicrobial agents with a pump sprayer that can kill pathogens.
To make sure your restaurant is clean and sanitized after a flood strikes the town, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191 24/7.
For more about Newington click here.
How Can Nor'easter Flood Damage Be Handled in Newington?
If you ever do suffer flood damage, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191 for help.
Contact SERVPRO, the Flood Damage Mitigation Professionals
The Newington area is especially susceptible to the effects of yearly Nor’easters. These massive storms, typically moving up the East Coast between September and April, bring with them heavy rains and powerful winds. During these stormy periods, several inches of rain usually falls; much of it inevitably ends up in the Connecticut River. Since our town is low-lying and near the river, residents often suffer storm-related flood damage and need professional cleaning and restoration services.
When Faced with Storm Water-Related Damage, What are My Options?
There are several Newington flood damage mitigation services, but they are not of equal quality. Some do not possess the right equipment to effectively handle all situations. Others do not have highly trained and experienced technicians with the right certifications for your particular issue. SERVPRO, however, has all of these things and can deal with almost any water problem you may have. We have industrial-strength water extractors, pumps, dehumidifiers, air movers, injectidry systems, and foggers to fully eliminate your storm-connected issues. Our professionals are among the most highly trained and experienced in the industry.
Our Technicians’ Relative Certifications Include:
• Water Damage Restoration (WRT)
• Health and Safety (HST)
• Applied Structural Drying (ASD)
• Applied Microbial Remediation (AMRT)
How Do We Mitigate Your Flood Damage?
SERVPRO acts quickly to mitigate current and limit additional flood damage at your Newington residence. We expertly handle various related problems, including:
• Removal of Standing Flood Waters
• Professional Disinfecting of Affected Areas
• Expert Removal and Disposal of Hazardous Impacted Materials
• Skilled Drying of Affected Surfaces, Including Ceilings, Walls, and Floors
• Effective Deodorization of Your Entire Home
Within four hours of your call to us, we are on-site to evaluate your particular situation. If necessary, our technicians use submersible pumps and powerful truck-mounted extractors to remove several feet of standing floodwater from your home. After removing the water, they spray disinfectants approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) around your house to hinder microbial growth and lower potential health risks. Once the initial disinfecting is complete, workers use rakes and shovels to remove any remaining mud and debris. They expertly remove and dispose of carpets, padding, drywall, and furnishings contaminated by floodwaters. Afterward, using pressure washers and antimicrobial sprays, technicians clean and further disinfect structural components.
How Do Our Professionals Effectively Dry Your Home and Prevent Further Damage?
Once SERVPRO workers have cleaned and disinfected your Newington residence, they get to work on thoroughly drying your home and preventing further floodwater damage. In order to dry indirectly affected interior walls, we drill holes in them and use an injectidry system. An injectidry system connected to a dehumidifier pulls in moisture-rich air from your home’s interior, while blowing warm, dry air into damp spaces behind walls and ceilings. Strategically-placed air movers further aid evaporative drying around your house by blowing water-saturated air out and replacing it with drier, more absorptive air. Our technicians dry exterior walls by drilling holes in their bases and tops to facilitate airflow.
What Hazards Does Our Service Help to Prevent?
• Harmful bacterial growth
• The growth of dry rot-causing fungi
• Mold proliferation
• The spread of mildew
• Sickening odors
What is Done to Ensure Work is Complete?
SERVPRO has many tools at its disposal to ensure that its work has been effective and is complete. First, before they start, technicians establish a drying goal based on locally acceptable equilibrium moisture contents and those of things in unaffected areas of your home. At different intervals during their work, our experts test the moisture level of your residence’s air, structural elements, and furnishings. Using advanced thermohygrometers, they monitor the air’s temperature and relative humidity. This enables them to maximize evaporative drying and determine when the air has reached normal humidity levels. At different points, technicians employ moisture meters and sensors to monitor moisture levels in structural elements and furnishings. The job is complete once all readings are within the goal range.
After SERVPRO Finishes, Will There Be Any Lingering Smells?
We work tirelessly to eliminate the unpleasant odors associated with flood damage. SERVPRO employs high-tech foggers to deodorize even the most difficult to reach areas of your Newington home. When our experts encounter surfaces, they cannot effectively deodorize, they seal them via various methods like painting. However, there are occasions, particularly during hotter, more humid weather, when unpleasant odors can reappear after we have treated them. In those cases, we can return and help homeowners eliminate recurring smells.
Destructive northeastern storms, while often unpredictable, occur yearly in Connecticut. As a result, there is a high probability that you might be affected by one soon. If you ever do suffer flood damage, call SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford at (860) 667-9191 for help.
For more about Newington click here.