Is Restoring a Wet Property an Expert Job?
SERVPRO Provides Water Damage Restoration and Mitigation for Newington Residents
The town of Newington is among the oldest in the United States. Situated in Connecticut state's Hartford County, the small township is home to 30,562 residents. Early settlements in the region date back to 1636 when British colonialists found the abundant supplies of timber and agricultural farming land ideal for setting up an outpost that was informally named the West Society. Eighty-five years later, the West Society settlement was renamed Newington, which references the nearby meadow and the new town. By the nineteenth century, a railways network allowed Newington businesses to ship agricultural products and raw materials across the United States.
The essential factor in establishing Newington as a township was the purchase of land at Mill Pond Park. The purchasers built a sawmill in the area, using the natural waterfall to power its engines. The first economy of the Newington region was the production of pipe staves. Today, Newington is primarily a residential community. However, redevelopments at the Berlin Turnpike have seen larger businesses transform areas into commercial centers. One of the main attractions of Newington is the headquarters of the American Radio Relay League. The ARRL is an amateur radio platform with nearly 165,000 operators across the world. The center covers both the history of amateur radio and its role in modern society.
- The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is located on Main Street in Newington. The museum includes fully-functioning radio transmitters that date back to the early nineteen-sixties with information on HAM operators' role in national security, natural disaster warning, and entertainment.
- The Mill Pond Park on Garfield Road is the historic center of Newington. The natural waterfall and its ability to power sawmills in the early seventeenth century were essential to the township's development. Lantern festivals are held at the Mill Pond Park each year, while basketball courts and other sports entertainment are on site.
- Callahan's Bowl a Rama is an entertainment center featuring several lanes, a bar, arcade entertainment, and a movie house. As part of the Berlin Turnpike, Callahan's is ideally situated alongside the shopping centers and commercial district, offering fun for the whole family.
SERVPRO Helps Newington Residents Restore their Homes from Water Damage
Water intrusion can steadily degrade your home and belongings. Often, long-term secondary damages to the property resulting from a previous water intrusion event are followed by a failure to dry the house thoroughly. SERVPRO technicians hold nationally recognized IICRC certifications which allow us to perform expert drying, mitigation, and restoration services to Newington residents throughout the year.
- Materials in the building assembly can disintegrate under consistent exposure to moisture. We can restore or replace wet drywall, insulation, and flooring.
- Our textile cleaning services are multi-tiered and can help with minor, moderate, or severe water exposure.
- Off-site storage facilities are available for storing belongings during a long restoration process. Warehouses are climate-controlled and fully-insured.
A water intrusion event could cause lasting harm to your home. Contact SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford for water damage restoration at (860) 667-9191.