Eliminating Commercial Water Damage In Your Newington Property
Eliminating Commercial Water Damage from a Newington Furniture Outlet
Furniture stores are packed with porous surfaces that can quickly become vulnerable to water damage. Not only do water and mold damage cost over $2.5 billion to repair each year, but they can also cost businesses immensely in lost revenue and inventory. Fast action is necessary to preserve the safety of your structure and minimize inventory losses.
If your Newington business needs commercial water damage mitigation, the certified restoration technicians at SERVPRO are prepared to offer emergency-response cleanup 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. All SERVPRO techs, staff, and franchise owners receive training and education on water damage mitigation and restoration to help business owners quickly turn their facilities around after damage has occurred. SERVPRO also offers e-learning opportunities for employees as well as credit and non-credit courses and seminars for real estate and insurance professionals.
Tips for Commercial Water Damage
• Act quickly. Not only can mold start growing in as little 24 to 48 hours after damage starts, but only drying visible water does not fix the damage.
• Different materials have different needs. Ceiling tiles may require replacement instead of repair, while commercial hardwood can often be dried and reinstalled successfully. Furnishings also require fast care to prevent damage and mold growth.
• Small fixes prevent big disasters. This includes maintaining roofing, clearing out gutters and drainage systems, and having licensed plumbers perform inspections of your property. These actions also make it more likely that your insurer can approve your claim.
• How SERVPRO Saves Your Storefront
• After technicians measure the moisture content of affected materials, they can begin extracting moisture and preparing the space for drying. If the leak is in your ceiling, centrifugal air movers can be positioned to allow airflow after removing a couple of ceiling tiles to facilitate ventilation.
Affected furniture is cleaned with EPA-registered antimicrobials and dried with industrial-grade air movers and low-grain refrigerant dehumidifiers. Surface-level damage from clean water on hardwood can be extracted, cleaned, and dried, but it may be necessary to remove the finish to dry wet planks successfully.
SERVPRO of Newington / Central Hartford can leave your business looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (860) 667-9191 for disaster mitigation and restoration that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more about Newington click here.